This article compares the best WordPress survey plugins in the market. So, go through it once. Then you can pick the best one that suits your WordPress site.
What is a WordPress Survey Plugin?
It is a plugin that permits you to run surveys for your website visitors, gather feedback on your products and services. And even your website as a whole.
The overall features that you will get access to depend upon the type of plugin that you use. But all plugins will generally have some features similar. Those are:
- A simple survey and poll creation tool that you can access right from your dashboard,
- Multiple options to show the survey form on your website,
- Access to survey and poll data for analysis and exporting,
- Graphical display and data reporting features,
- And more.
Why Use a WordPress Survey Plugin?
If you want to conduct an online survey with your users, customers, or visitors on your website in an easy way and without any coding. Then you must install and use the WordPress survey plugin.
How to Choose the Best Survey Plugin for WordPress?
There are several WordPress plugins that let you create survey forms on your WordPress site. But all of them are not easy to use and might not fit your business needs. So, while choosing a WordPress survey plugin for your WordPress, you need to look for the following things:
- Visual or Drag and Drop Builder:
- A survey plugin should be beginner-friendly and let you create survey forms without any additional coding or configuration. All the fields must be drag and drop. So that you can build your desired survey form just by dragging and dropping the various fields.
- Pre-Built Templates:
- Building a survey form from scratch consumes your valuable time. If a plugin provides pre-built templates, then you can quickly build your desired survey form.
- CRM Compatibility:
- The plugin must easily integrate with your CRM software.
- Mobile Responsive Forms:
- Your surveys must work on all devices including mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
- The plugin must provide easily understandable real-time reports and detailed reports of your survey forms.
- The plugin must let you export your data. So that you can easily save it and share it with your team a well.
Best WordPress Survey Plugins Compared
This article compares the 8 best WordPress survey plugins in terms of features, pricing, and plans. All these plugins aid you in easily creating your desired survey forms in just minutes. So, go through this article once. Then you can choose the best that suits your business needs.
For the reader’s convenience, we always create a video tutorial. Either you can watch and learn or simply skip the video and continue reading.
WPForms is not only the world’s best and No.01 contact form plugin for WordPress. But also the best survey plugin for WordPress. It comes with the most powerful surveys and polls addon which lets you quickly create highly engaging survey forms that your website customers and visitors will love to fill out. It provides stunning and easy-to-understand reports of your survey forms.
Not only the survey form but also you can create any smarter form like contact forms, payment forms, donation forms, etc in just seconds. That’s why over 3 million professionals are now using WPForms for creating smarter forms and surveys.
Note: You need to subscribe to its Pro or Elite plan to get its Survey and Polls addon.
- Easy To Use:
- It is the most beginner-friendly WordPress survey plugin in the market. No other plugin can beat it in this feature.
- With its drag and drop fields, you can build any survey form in less than 2 minutes.
- All fields are drag and drop compatible only. So you can easily create your desired survey form without any coding.
- Its robust features let you easily add multiple fields to your survey forms like dropdown fields, text, fields, checkbox lists, star ratings, radio buttons, and more.
- Interactive Survey Reports:
- The survey reporting dashboard is impressive and provides multiple chart types including lines, bar graphs, and pie charts. All accessible from your WordPress dashboard.
- Email Notifications:
- Once your customer or visitor fills out and submits your survey form, it automatically sends an email to them confirming that their entry form has been received.
- Conditional Logic:
- Its smart conditional logic feature permits you to hide or display questions based on previous answers, keeping your survey clutter-free and modern.
- NPS Surveys:
- With this plugin, you can easily create NPS surveys straight on your WordPress site.
- Form Templates:
- It provides pre-built templates so that you don’t need to start from scratch every time. And this way saves a lot of your time.
- Spam Protection:
- Its smart captcha and spam protection automatically blocks spam submissions.
- Easy To Embed:
- You can easily embed all your survey forms in your blog posts, pages, footer, sidebar widgets, etc.
- Responsive Mobile Friendly:
- WPForms is 100% mobile responsive. That means all your forms can work well on all devices including mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
WPForms Pricing and Plans
WPForms offers four premium plans for its users to subscribe to it. Those are:
- Basic: Its cost is $31.60/year.
- Plus: Its cost is $79.60/year.
- Pro: Its cost is $159.60/year.
- Elite: Its cost is $239.60/year.
- You need to subscribe to its Pro or Elite plan to get its Survey and Polls addon.
First time customers will get the 50% discount on all WPForms plans through This WPForms discounted pricing page.
WPForms Bottom Line:
So the bottom line here is, Go with WPForms when you want to create surveys and polls with the most trusted and popular survey form builder plugin of all time.
Not only just surveys and polls, but you can also do a lot more with this single plugin.
You can take advantage of the same plugin by creating different types of forms including contact forms, multi-page forms, MailChimp forms, PayPal forms, Stripe payment forms, Login forms, and whatnot.
2. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is another top and best WordPress survey plugin. With its best drag and drop form builder, you can easily create surveys and polls straight on your WordPress site dashboard. And without any coding. Over 300k website owners are now using Formidable Forms for creating contact forms, surveys, polls, etc. The other main benefits of this plugin are that it lets you easily create calculator forms, payment forms, registration forms, etc.
Formidable Forms Features
- Easy to use drag and drop form builder lets you build survey forms in just minutes.
- View statistics of your forms with detailed reports, charts & graphs.
- Users can see the summary of their responses before submitting the survey.
- It gives you the option to limit the survey responses
- You can set conditional logic-based survey questions.
- You can schedule the survey closing time.
- With its multiple form templates, you can easily build any form quickly.
- It easily integrates with your CRM.
- With its WordPress front-end editor, your customers and visitors can update form submissions from the front end of your site. And this makes it easy for your clients to delete and edit form submissions in a simple and seamless way.
Formidable Forms Pricing and Plans
Formidable Forms offers four premium plans for its users. Although Formidable forms also have a free plan, but the feature of surveys and polls would only be available in Formidable Elite and business plans.
- Basic: Its cost is $39.50/year.
- Plus: Its cost is $99.50/year.
- Business: Its cost is $199.50/year.
- Elite: Its cost is $299.50/year.
Formidable Forms Bottom Line:
So go for the Formidable forms survey builder plugin when you don’t want to go with WPForms. And remember, don’t forget to explore the complete features of Formidable forms.
- Also Read: How To Create Online Donation Forms For Nonprofits Right in WordPress In A Snap Using WPForms
3. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is the most popular and oldest WordPress form plugin. It comes with several addons including the survey.
Gravity forms are known for providing support for the long list of third-party integrations and add-ons.
However, you will find limited survey-oriented features. You can use this survey builder plugin to create different types of surveys such as product feedback surveys, churn surveys, market research surveys, employee engagement or satisfaction surveys, and much more.
Like other popular WordPress contact form plugins, it also offers a drag and drop builder. This plugin lets you create not only the survey forms but also several other forms like contact forms, payment forms, etc.
You can view aggregated survey form results only in the admin area and there are no charts or graphs. And you need to buy its Elite plan to access its survey addon, which is expensive.
Note: You need to subscribe to its Elite plan to access its survey addon.
Gravity Forms Features
- Drag-and-drop and visual builder:
- With its drag and drop and visual builder, you can build your survey forms in just minutes.
- Several unique and standard types of questions:
- It lets you ask several unique and standard types of questions including multiple-choice, Likert scales, etc.
- Survey results:
- You can view aggregated survey results straight from your WordPress form submissions. And filter the data to suit your needs.
- Advanced conditional logic:
- Its advanced conditional logic feature lets you hide or display questions based on previous answers, keeping your survey clutter-free and modern.
- 30+ Ready to Use Form Fields:
- It provides over 30 form fields that you can use while building your survey forms.
- Spam Protection:
- It provides spam tools like Google ReCaptcha and built-in security and automatically prevents spam submissions.
Gravity Forms Pricing and Plans
Gravity Forms provides three premium plans for its users. Those are:
- Basic: Its regular price is $59/year.
- Elite: Its regular price is $259/year.
- Pro: Its regular price is $159/year.
- Here, you need to subscribe to its Elite plan to access its survey addon.
Gravity Forms Bottom Line:
Gravity forms would be the perfect option when your need is more than building surveys. I mean apart from surveys you can take advantage of its wide range of supported integrations and add-ons to enhance the capabilities of the form builder to the ultimate level.
Tripetto is the 4th survey plugin on today’s list.
If you want a free plugin that offers a survey builder with an unlimited surveys option, then Tripetto should be the first pick.
When you search Tripetto inside the WordPress plugin repository, you will see Tripetto has a very less number of installations compared to the market giants.
And it is possible that you might want to skip this plugin but let me tell you that this would be your biggest mistake.
Because Tripetto is one of the most underrated survey builder plugins of all time.
As soon as you explore its features and unique form and survey builder, you will realize why everyone rated 5 stars to this plugin.
So what are you waiting for? Give life to your surveys with Tripetto’s unique form and survey builder plugin.
- Drag and drop & storyboard based visual survey builder
- Unlimited surveys can be created in a free version
- Apart from survey templates, templates for additional forms including the Registration form, Quiz form, Customer satisfaction form, Order Form, Quote Calculation Form, etc are available.
- Spam protection is inbuilt
- Webhooks for establishing a connection with 1,000+ automation services
- GDPR Friendly
- Supported “Form Faces” technique for providing users the best online form and survey experience.
- Smart forms with logic can be made
- Advanced styling options
- Compatible with Gutenberg editor
Tripetto Pricing & Plans
Although you don’t require paid plans because Tripetto free version is enough. But you can always explore if you want.
- Single Site: $99 per year
- 5-Sites: $349 per year
- Unlimited: $799 per year
5. Ays Pro Survey Maker
AYS Pro Survey Maker is the 5th best WordPress survey plugin. So far we have shown the form builders which offer survey functionality through an add-on. But this tool is different and because of being a dedicated survey plugin, you can expect more features in this tool.
The extra features you will get in this plugin compared to previous survey plugins are:
- Export & import surveys
- User history shortcode
- Popup surveys
- Email notifications to admin & users
- Multi-page survey
- More survey specific form fields
- Chat-based surveys
- Conditional results
- Anonymous survey
- Custom thank you message
- and much more.
Create quick and highly engaged online survey forms for WordPress websites, with the help of the Survey Maker Plugin developed by Ays Pro.
The leading target of a user is to increase revenue out of their website. As it to me, proper revenue means the satisfaction of website visitors’ expectations. Now you are probably thinking; How to know what does the customer want? The Survey Maker plugin is perfect for this occasion. With the help of this plugin, the user will obtain real-time feedback from their customers and learn what they are expecting.
So now, let’s dive into Survey Maker Plugin’s main features.
- Unlimited Surveys and Questions
- Submissions Summary (Charts)
- Multi-Section Survey
- Responsive Design
- Submissions Analytics
- Send Mail to User
- Send Mail to Admin
- Schedule Survey
- Third-Party integrations (MailChimp, Google Sheet, etc.)
- User History Shortcode
- Email Configuration
- Export and Import Surveys
- Skip Logic (Logic Jump)
- Conditional Results
- Conversational Survey
Survey Maker Pricing and Plans
The great thing with this plugin is that it comes with a free version too.
The Survey Maker plugin offers free and premium packages.
The Free Plan of the WordPress Survey Maker plugin has enough features for users’ experience. The Premium WordPress Survey Plugin packages provide many additional features.
- Personal Plan: this version of the plugin is free.
- Business Plan: this version of the plugin will cost $39.00 for 1-year update and support
- Developer Plan: this version of the plugin will cost $99.00 for lifetime update and support
Also, Ays Pro Company developed the most feature-rich Quiz Maker plugin for WordPress for creating interactive quizzes, tests, and exams.
AYS Pro Survey Maker Bottom Line:
Go for this survey plugin when you just need a dedicated survey plugin for your WordPress website. Remember, Unlike previous plugins, you cannot able to generate other types of forms with this survey tool.
6. CrowdSignal (formerly Polldaddy)
CrowdSignal, formerly known as Polldaddy is a popular plugin for WordPress that aids you to easily create surveys and polls. Unlike other plugins listed in this article, it’s a WordPress.com product. So, if you want to use it, you need to create a WordPress.com account to obtain the plugin API.
Just like other plugins listed here, this plugin is not a contact form plugin. And it is not at all suitable for purposes other than surveys and polls.
With its free version, you can create unlimited surveys and polls. But its free version has limited features and also includes its branding logo.
- Drag and Drop Builder:
- With its drag and drop builder, you can easily create your desired surveys in minutes.
- Share and Embed Anywhere:
- Once you have created your WordPress survey forms, you can easily embed them on your website. Or share your questions with a link via email, social media, etc.
- Do Deep Data Analysis:
- It lets you create filters to analyze your data and view where your responses are coming from.
- Export and share your data, anytime, any format:
- You can easily export your survey reports in any format like Excel, PDF, CSV, Google Docs, etc.
- Variety of Questions:
- It lets you ask different kinds of questions including multiple-choice, Likert scales, and free type.
CrowdSignal Pricing and Plans
CrowdSignal offers four premium plans along with its free plan. Those are:
|Unlimited Questions, Surveys, Polls, and Ratings||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Crowdsignal branding||Included||Included||Not Included||Not Included|
7. Quiz and Survey Master
Quiz and Survey Master is the best, easiest, and free WordPress quiz and survey plugin. Though this plugin doesn’t have an intuitive interface, it provides many useful features. And its free version lets you create unlimited survey forms with all common form fields. And you can even build multi-page surveys. And sends an email to your visitors after they submit your survey forms. But for reporting and analysis, you need to buy its premium addon.
Hint: The main catch with this plugin is the integrations and add-ons.
It has 30,000+ installs and a 5-star rating on WordPress respiratory. That is over 30,000 WordPress site owners are now using this plugin.
Quiz and Survey Master Features
- Create Unlimited Surveys and Embed:
- It lets you create unlimited survey forms and embed them on your WordPress site.
- Google Analytics:
- You can use funnel optimization to link to Google Analytics.
- Analyze Reports Beautifully:
- It lets you view and analyze the survey form reports with pie, bar, and box plot charts.
- Export to Google Sheets:
- You can export your survey reports to Excel or Google Sheets.
- Several Question Types:
- You can ask several question types like multiple choice (radio buttons), multiple responses (checkboxes), fill in the blank, true and false, captcha, polar (slider), open answer question, drop down, number, etc.
- You can set time limits for your surveys.
- You can limit the number of entries.
Quiz and Survey Master Pricing and Plans
3 paid plans both yearly and lifetime based are available. I only suggest this plugin when its free version works for you and when you are mainly interested in the add-ons
It lets you buy individual addons or bundle add-ons. The cost of all addons may vary, you can check the cost of each addon on their website itself. For example, its Reporting And Analysis addon cost is $39 for 1 year of support and updates.
WP-Polls is a completely free WordPress survey plugin that aids you to add basic surveys and polls to your WordPress site. Unlike other plugins listed here, it doesn’t have any form builder or any customization options. And it provides just radio buttons and checkboxes to create surveys and polls. And no other features you can expect from it.
Further, if you need to create a form using this plugin, you have to use the pre-made templates or use your coding skills and create custom forms through CSS code.
It has over 90,000 active installs and a 4-star rating on the WordPress respiratory.
- Users can instantly see the survey results.
- Embed surveys and polls anywhere on your WordPress site.
- Completely open source so that other developers can contribute to WP-Polls.
- Use checkboxes and radio buttons.
- Very easy to use.
- Automatically saves user responses.
- Simple, clean, and intuitive survey layout and design.
- Also Read: How To Collect PayPal Payments on Your WordPress Site using WPForms
- How To Skyrocket Your Sales And Increase ROI: WPForms+Active Campaigns Can Do This
Now you have seen the features, pricing, and plans of the 6 best WordPress plugins. Out of 8, the survey experts and we recommend WPForms. Because with WPForms, you can not only create survey forms but also create any smarter forms in less than 2 minutes like contact forms, payment forms, donation forms, and more. Further, its drag and drop form builder is most powerful and intuitive than other plugins listed here.
Suppose you want a completely free plugin, then you can choose WP-Polls. Likewise, you can select the best one that suits your business needs.
I believe that this article, Best WordPress Survey Plugins Compared, helped you to pick the right survey tool for your WordPress site. If you like this article, please share it with your friends. If you want more blogging tips, follow BlogVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Best WordPress survey plugins: FAQs
Which is the best WordPress survey plugin?
WPForms. Because of its drag and drop form builder and hundreds of pre-built templates. You can build any form including survey forms, contact forms, payment forms, etc in less than 2 minutes.
Is WPForms free?
Yes. But its free version provides just basic features. If you need payments and other forms, then you must buy its premium plans.
Do I need coding skills to use WPForms?
Will WPForms slow down my website?