Then this article is the right place for you. Here, we will show the top 7 best WPEngine alternatives with key features, pricing, and plans. Just go through this and choose the best host company suitable for your website.
Why WPEngine Alternatives?
WPEngine is the world’s #1 managed WordPress hosting platform for small business, creative agencies, and enterprise brands. And offers prominent features like Free SSL, daily backups, nearest data centers to target your audience, advanced security protocols for security and safe operations, etc. And over 1.2 million websites in 150 countries are now trusting and using its hosting services. But now many website owners are looking for alternatives for WPEngine because of the following drawbacks:
- The major drawback is its high pricing. Compared to its competitors, it provides hosting services at a higher price.
- Suitable for hosting WordPress platform. And not suitable for Non-WordPress platforms.
- It doesn’t allow some plugins and themes to install.
- Doesn’t include email hosting. So you can’t create email@example.com.
Several web hosting companies are now available in the hosting industry that overcome the drawbacks of WPEngine. And offer the best features at a lower price compared to it.
- READ MORE: 7 Best Managed WordPress Hosting Services
- DreamHost Review: Is DreamHost a Good Web Host?
7 Best WPEngine Alternatives
There are many hosting services alternate to WPEngine that provide the best features at reliable plans and prices. Among them, we have listed here the 5 best and top WPEngine alternatives. So, go through this article once. Then you can pick the best WPEngine alternative that suits your business.
Rocket.net is the first and foremost alternative for WPEngine in the present scenario. It provides Managed WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and Resell Hosting. Rocket.net is the only all in one WP platform that optimizes and delivers the site by Cloudflare enterprise. Every WordPress install will be delivered as fast and secure as possible with built-in CDN and WAF. As it provides all the features, no need of purchasing premium plugins and additional services. It comes up with all the best and useful features that optimize our site for better performance.
Features of Rocket.net Hosting Service
Speed and Performance:
Rocket.net gives amazing loading time to the site. It uses its own plugin to provide a greater loading speed called ‘WP rocket caching’. Likewise, rocket.net uses its own plugins at every part of hosting to optimize the site and make visitors experience smooth performance.
- Third-Party Script Proxying
- Full Page Caching
- Enterprise Servers
- Guaranteed Resources
- Fewer DNS Lookups
- Free CDN (200+ PoPs)
- Google Font Optimization
Built-in Web Security Suite:
As we have discussed earlier, rocket.net provides the best features for free that includes security also. All these are included in the plan itself. The security features provided by rocket.net are,
- Malware Scanning
- Automated Bot Protection
- Brute-force Protection
- Malware Patching
- Weak Password Prevention
- Website Firewall (WAF)
Backup and Restore
Rocket.net allows both manual and auto backups without installing any kind of additional plugins. everyday at night times, the backups are done. Restoring of backups is also done just with one click.
You can also use a manual backup option to back up the site at any time. While doing maintenance works to the site like installing plugins, themes, etc., opting the manual backup is the right choice.
Staging mode, PHP and Auto Update features
Cron Jobs and Migrations
Easy to use WordPress Control Panel
Plans and Pricing
The Plans and Pricing of Rocket.net are
Rocket.net hosting service comes up with four plans and they are
- Starter – $30/Month (1 WordPress Install)
- Pro – $60/Month (3 WordPress Install)
- Business – $100/Month (10 WordPress Install)
- Agency – $200/Month (25 WordPress Install)
You will get 2 months off on all the above plans if you choose annual billing option. If you are not satisfied with the hosting service, you can also opt for cashback.
Why Rocket.net Hosting is the best alternative for WPEgine
|Loading Time||Faster||Less compared to WP Engine|
|CDN and SSL Certificate||Cloudflare Enterprise||MaxCDN|
|Built-in Security suit||Available for Free||Additional Plugins are needed|
- READ MORE: Rocket.net Review: The Most Secured Managed WordPress Hosting
- How to Migrate website to Rocket.net From any Server
Kinsta is another best competitor for WPEngine in the hosting industry. It is the most user friendly among the managed WordPress hosting service providers. It has a very good infrastructure and super fast loading time. So, that the users will get all the stuff they pay for.
Kinsta collaborated with Google Cloud services, to provide high speed and security to their customers. As the backups and the websites’ data are stored in Google Cloud, it is very easy and fast to access the website whenever required.
Kinsta Key Features at a glance
- It provides 99.9% uptime and speed.
- Provides Free SSL Certificate.
- Google Cloud Platform.
- Daily Backups and Hourly Backups (For Extra Price).
- Free CDN and provides Premium Key CDN for every Hosting accounts.
- Free Migrations.
- Free Security, Threat Detection, and Malware Removal.
- Staging sites.
- 30-days money-back.
- 24/7 Support.
- Own Custom cPanel.
Kinsta Pricing and Plans
Why Kinsta is alternate for WPEngine
|Additional Charges||$1 for each 1000 extra monthly site visits, and|
$0.10 for each additional GB of CDN Bandwidth usage
|$2 for each 1000 extra monthly site visits|
|CDN||Cloudflare with free Premium Key||MaxCDN|
|Supporting Platforms||WordPress and Non-WordPress||Only WordPress|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days||60 days|
|Support||24/7 live chat and tickets on all plans||24/7 live chat on all plans|
24/7 Phone support except for the entry-level startup plan, and
Tickets only available on top-tier custom dedicated plan
- READ MORE – Kinsta Vs SiteGround: The Hosting Race Between Two Giant Hosting Companies. Who Will Win?
Flywheel hosting is one of the alternatives for WPEngine if you want to create your website more creatively. To create a custom hosting platform, Flywheel is integrated with the Google Cloud Platform. It provides impressive load time to all the websites without making any changes to the configuration. No third party plugins are needed for the installation of the SSL Certificate.
Flywheel Key features at a glance
- Free CDN + Custom Caching
- Automatic Nightly Backup
- Free Migration
- Easy to handle 100’s of sites
- Collaborate with co-workers
- Staging for every site
- Blazing-fast site speed
- Easy SFTP access
- Hacker-Free Security
- Powerful Developer Tools
- Backed by Google Cloud Platform
Flywheel Plans and Pricing
Flywheel comes with four premium plans like Tiny ,Starter ,Freelancer and Agency. It also offer Annually and Manually payment methods.
i. Annual Payment Method
You will avail 2 Months off on Annual payment Method.
ii. Monthly Payment Method
Why Flywheel hosting is alternate for WPEngine
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 days on Yearly Plans,|
72 hours on Monthly Plans
SiteGround is one of the best alternates for WPEngine if uptime and speed are your priority. WordPress.org officially recommends it. It has over 2 Million trusted website owners across the globe.
It offers prominent features than WPEngine like Superior Customer Support, SuperCacher Technology for faster speed, and WordPress Starter to make site creation easier.
SiteGround Key Features at a glance
- It guarantees 99.9% uptime and High page speed
- Automated Daily Backups
- Irrespective of premium plan, SiteGround backup your website every day automatically.
- Free Unlimited Email Accounts
- It allows you to create unlimited Email accounts for every hosting plan.
- Free SSD and SuperCacher
- It provides free SSD storage for its every plan and SuperCacher to improve the performance of the website.
- Free Cloudflare
- It provides free Cloudflare to increase your website performance and security.
- And you can access Cloudflare from your cPanel itself.
- Free SSL Certificate
- It offers a free SSL Certificate.
- SiteGround Hosting Services
- Shared Web Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and more.
SiteGround Pricing and Plans
Why SiteGround is an alternative for WPEngine
|Recommended by WordPress.Org||Yes||No|
|Price||$6.99 – $14.99/month||$22.50 – $217.50/month|
|Site Migration||More affordable||Not much as SiteGround|
|Full Refund Period||30 Days||60 Days|
- READ MORE- 7 Great SiteGround Alternatives
- DreamHost Vs SiteGround: The Hosting Race between the Two Biggest Hosting Companies. Who will Win?
DreamHost is one of the popular hosting services and also the best competitor for WPEngine. It provides various types of hosting services like WordPress Hosting, Shared Hosting, Website Builders, Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers, and many more. And offers amazing features like 100% Uptime guarantee, free domain, High Traffic, High Page Speed, High SSD storage, Unlimited Disk space, Free Jetpack plugin, 97-Days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 award-winning customer support. And offers best and quality hosting services at affordable prices.
That’s why over 1.5 million websites are now trusting and using its hosting services. And WordPress.org officially recommends it.
DreamHost Key Features at a glance
- 100% Uptime and High Page Speed:
- DreamHost is the only hosting company in the hosting industry that guarantees 100% Uptime and high page speed.
- Free Domain, SSL, Unlimited Email Accounts, CDN, Website Builder :
- All of its annual or higher hosting plans provide domain, SSL, unlimited email firstname.lastname@example.org, Cloudflare CDN, and Website Builder at no cost.
- Unlimited Disk Space:
- It’s Shared Hosting permits unlimited disk space. Means, it puts no limit on how much disk space you use for your site.
- High and Fast SSD Storage:
- It’s hosting plans provide fast and SSD storage of 30GB, 60GB, and 120GB.
- Super Easy To Use DreamHost Panel:
- DreamHost doesn’t use industry-standard cPanel. But it uses its own web control panel, DreamHost Panel.
- Free Jetpack Plugin:
- Its WordPress hosting plans afford a Jetpack plugin at no cost. But most of the hosting companies like WPEngine doesn’t offer any Jetpack plugin at no cost.
- 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee:
- DreamHost offers a longer period of 97-days money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 Award-Winning U.S Based Experts Support:
- DreamHost provides 24/7 customer support with award-winning U.S based experts.
- Quality Hosting Services At Reliable Price:
- It provides quality hosting services at a lower price compared to WPEngine.
- Offers necessary things for a website at no cost:
- It provides basic things needed for a website like SSL Certificate, Unlimited Email accounts, Website Builder, CloudFlare CDN, and more at no cost.
- DreamHost Hosting Services:
- WordPress Hosting,
- Shared WordPress Hosting.
- Managed WordPress Hosting (DreamPress).
- WooCommerce Hosting.
- VPS for WordPress.
- Dedicated for WordPress.
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Virtual Private Servers
- Easy and Fast
- 100% uptime guarantee
- WordPress recommendation
- Jetpack Professionals
- Plans at reasonable prices
- Free Domain, Email, and SSL Certificate
- SSD Storage
- 97-days money cashback guarantee
- 24/7 support
DreamHost Pricing and Plans
Why DreamHost is alternate for WPEngine
|Content Delivery Network (CDN)||Cloudflare||MaxCDN|
|Unlimited Email Hosting at no cost||Yes||No|
|Officially recommended by WordPress.org||Yes||No|
|Support||24/7 Live chat, phone and ticket support||24/7 Live chat,|
Phone support (Except entry-level plan)
Ticket support (Only on Top-tier custom dedicated plan)
HostGator is a great alternative for WPEngine if you want a leading and beginner-friendly hosting company that provides quality hosting services at a lower price. It is best suitable for small businesses. That’s why over 2 million website owners are now using HostGator hosting services.
This is the best choice for beginners to start their website at less cost with more features.
HostGator Key Features at a glance
- 99.9% uptime
- Lightning Speed
- More Security at less cost
- Handles 100,000 visitors per month on a basic plan
- Free Migrations
- 24/7 support
- Free Shared SSL Certificate
HostGator Pricing and Plans
Why HostGator is alternate for WPEngine
|Basic Plan Traffic||100,000 visitors/month||25,000 visitors/month|
|Hosting Platforms||WordPress Hosting and Non-WordPress Hosting||WordPress Hosting|
|Support||24/7/365 live chat and phone support||24/7 live chat|
24/7 phone support (Except Entry level plan)
GoDaddy is another best alternative for WPEngine. It offers various Hosting services like Windows Web Hosting, Linux Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, and VPS Hosting. For starters, GoDaddy is the best WordPress Hosting service compared to WPEngine because it provides more features at an affordable price.
The starting price of GoDaddy WordPress Hosting service is $6.99/month, whereas WPEngine starts at $22.50/month.
GoDaddy Key Features at a glance
- 99.9% Uptime
- Fast loading of the page
- Free Business Email (For one Year)
- Automatic Software and Security Updates
- Free SSL Certificate
- Thousands of Free Themes and Plugins
- SFTP access (Deluxe, Ultimate, and Ecommerce Plans)
- 24/7 Support
- One-Click Migration Tool
GoDaddy Pricing and Plans
Why GoDaddy is Alternate for WPEngine
|Support||24/7 live chat, Phone, and WhatsApp support||24/7 live chat|
24/7 phone support (Except Entry level plan)
|Supporting Platforms||WordPress and Non-WordPress||Only WordPress|
|Temporary Domain Name||Yes||No|
|Automatic Daily Backups||Yes||Yes|
- READ MORE – 7 Best Cloudways Alternatives & Competitors
Now you have seen the 5 best alternatives for WPEngine. Out of 5, Rocket.net listed the first place at it offers outstanding features compared to that of WPEngine which includes Full page caching, Enterprise Servers, Third-Party Script Proxying, Built-in Security Suite, Staging mode, PHP, Cron Jobs, Migrations and Easy to use WordPress Control Panel.
Next you can give the second preference to Kinsta hosting service, if you want the best user friendly hosting service with high performance and greater page speed compared to that of WPEngine.
Likewise, you can choose the best one that suits your business.
I confirm that this article 5 Best WPEngine alternatives 2020, is a great aid for you to find the best alternative hosting company for WPEngine that offers great and additional features and reliable hosting services at a lower price. If you like this article, please share it with your friends. If you want more blogging tips, follow BlogVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
WPEngine Alternatives: FAQs
Is WPEngine suitable for Non-WordPress Platform?
No, WPEngine is not suitable for Non-WordPress platforms. Because, it only available for WordPress Platforms.
Does WPEngine has Cloudflare CDN?
No, WPEngine don’t use Cloudflare, but it has custom CDN, MaxCDN.
What are the best alternatives for WPEngine?
Rocket.net, Kinsta, Flywheel, Siteground, DreamHost, HostGator, and GoDaddy.