It is must to perform Google AMP test after enabling Google AMP on your website. There are many possible ways to check your AMP pages. This article will give you all possible ways to perform Google AMP test.
- Read: What is AMP? Pros, Cons, and details of Google AMP
- How to setup Google AMP on WordPress website within 1 minute
How to perform Google AMP test
You can perform the test to check whether AMP is working or not. You can also validate AMP pages for errors.
1.Check URL by appending /amp
This method will work to check your AMP website appearance. After implementing AMP, just open any of your URL on your desktop browser. Append URL with /amp. You will see AMP version. Check below URLs for the example.
- Desktop version URL: https://www.blogvwant.com/what-is-amp-pros-cons-details/
- AMP version URL: https://www.blogvwant.com/what-is-amp-pros-cons-details/amp
When you try AMP version on the desktop, you will see Mobiles AMP version on your desktop also. It is very useful when you customize your AMP pages using AMP for WP plugin. You can check changes on the live website immediately.
Google officially announced an AMP validator tool. Just visit Google validator page and paste your AMP version URL. If you test with normal URL, you will get that your URL is not a valid AMP page. Make sure that you have appended your URL with /amp.
After pasting the URL just hit RUN TEST button. If you have errors, you will see errors. Otherwise, you will see a screen shown below.
You will see three main options at the left side.
- Preview search results option will show your page appearance in mobile search results.
- SUMIT TO GOOGLE option will submit your page to Google crawler immediately.
- AMP Search Console report will return you to your Google webmaster tool and it will show you errors if you had.
3.Google HTML validator
There is another validator page from Google which checks for your AMP version HTML code. Just visit AMP project Validator page. Paste your AMP version URL and click Validate button.
You will see test results at validation status as Pass or fail.
4.Use Google webmaster tool
Google webmaster tool has an option to see AMP results. Login into your Webmaster tools. Select your preferred domain. Go to Search Appearance -> Accelerated Mobile Pages. This section will show you errors on your AMP pages if they had.
Remember, webmaster tool section will not show AMP pages reports immediately. If you activate AMP now, you need to wait at least one or two days to see results. You can regularly check this section for your AMP errors.
If you perform any one of above tests, you may probably get structured data errors. Just use AMP for WP plugin. It is a free plugin which gives you an option to set structured data logos and many options like showing ads, related posts, comments, social share buttons, etc.,
- Next Topic To Read: 2 Ways to add Google Analytics to Google AMP
- Awesome Guide to customize AMP pages using AMP for WP
I hope now you may know how to perform Google AMP test. Let us know which method you are following for testing AMP pages. If you like this article, please consider sharing this article with your friends. Want more blogging tips, follow BlogVwant on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.