Rocket.net Vs Siteground: Want to know which is the best hosting service, either Rocket.net or SiteGround? Want the best hosting services for your WordPress site from the Hosting Gods like Rocket.net and SiteGround?
Then go through this article Rocket.net Vs SieGround to view the detailed comparison between them in terms of features, plans, and price. Then you can decide which one is the best to host your site.
What are Rocket.net and SiteGround?
Rocket.net simply Rocket is a specialized and new Managed WordPress Hosting platform, started in the year 2020. Just like other hosting companies, it also offers WordPress hosting services like Managed WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and Resell WordPress.
Though Rocket.net has started its WordPress hosting services recently in the year 2020. It is now competing with gigantic hosting companies like SiteGround. This is happening because Rocket.net servers are running on the Cloudflare Enterprise plan. So, if you purchase any one of the premium plans of Rocket.net. Then you can get all the Cloudflare Enterprise plan at no cost. These benefits include Cloudflare WAF, Lossless Image Optimization, Cloudflare CDN, Custom domain protection, etc.
And if use Rocket.net, then you don’t need to purchase external plugins for security, backup, image optimization, caching, staging, etc. A lot of your money will be saved with this. Further, it guarantees high page speed and keeps your website always up.
SiteGround is one of the gigantic and best hosting companies in the hosting industry. It offers great features like High page speed, a 99.9% Uptime guarantee, Free website builder, CDN, SSDs, SuperCacher, and more. And it is officially endorsed by WordPress.org. And over 2 million websites’ owners all over the world are now its hosting services.
- Also Read: Siteground cloud hosting review: Pros and Issues
- 4 Simple Steps to Setup Siteground SSL certificate Within 2 Minutes
Rocket.net Vs SiteGround
Comparison in terms of Key Features
Fastest Page Speed Guarantee
- On the other hand, SiteGround also provides the fastest page speed. But with SiteGround, your website takes a little bit more time to load when compared with Rocket.net hosting sites.
- For example, let’s see the speed of our live website with SiteGround and Rocket.net servers.
We have tested the same URL of our live site on both servers. You can check the results below.
Check the below screenshot for Siteground servers speed.
With SiteGround, you can find the amazing loading time. But it is lagging compared with Rocket.net. Here, it is 487ms. That is, the loading time with SiteGround is slightly higher compared to the loading time with Rocket.net.
Check the below screenshot for Rocket.net servers page speed with Pingdom.
Wow! With Rocket.net servers, the loading time is amazing ie., 434 ms. Another thing is it reduced the number of requests to 17 from 48. You can see clear improvement in every aspect like Performance grade,Page size, etc.,
We need to mention that, we are using the WP-Rocket caching plugin on Rocket.net to further improve the speed. It will also contribute to help good speed results. We can not use the WP-Rocket plugin on Siteground.
Get Cloudflare Enterprise Plan At No Cost
- As Rocket.net servers are already on Cloudflare if you purchase any Rocket.net plan. You will get all the Cloudflare Enterprise plan benefits for free. The benefits include Cloudflare CDN, Cloudflare WAF (Web Application Firewall) service, Image Optimization, Caching, etc.
- But with SiteGround, you will get only free CDN. And you need to purchase Cloudflare plans separately. You won’t have the chance to access Cloudflare plans at no cost.
- SiteGround affords cPanel for you to manage your web hosting account.
- But Rocket.net doesn’t provide any cPanel. But it has its own control panel called WordPress Control Panel or Mission Control. It is super easy to use and more intuitive compared to cPanel.
- Though Rocket.net’s Control Panel is super easy to use and more intuitive than cPanel. Many hosting users accustomed to cPanel only.
- Both SiteGround and Rocket.net provides daily, automated, and on-demand backups.
- SiteGround provides a backup retention period for 30-days. That is, it automatically stores your data daily on its servers for up to 30days.
- But Rocket.net backup retention period for 14-days only.
SiteGround does not have a Cache preloading facility. Rocket.net has a Cache preloading facility.
Rocket.net has a database optimization feature which works great.
SiteGround provides database optimization feature with their WordPress plugin SG Optimizer. It works good.
Free SSL Certificate
Both Rocket.net and SiteGround provide free SSL certificate.
Free Website Builder and Unlimited Professional Emails
- SiteGround offers a free website builder. And lets you create unlimited professional email accounts like email@example.com as well at no cost.
- On the other hand, Rocket.net doesn’t provide any free website builder and email hosting.
- SiteGround has 4 integrations:
- But Rocket.net has only 3 integrations:
- Rocket has 4 categories:
- Web Hosting,
- Cloud management,
- While SiteGround has only two categories:
- Web Hosting,
- Dedicated Server Hosting.
SiteGround service provides Dev Toolkit whereas Rocket.net does not have Dev ToolKit.
Comparison in terms of Plans and Pricing
Just if you look at the price of SiteGround and Rocket.net premium plans. Then you can think that Rocket.net is expensive compared to SiteGround. This is because the starting price of SiteGround Managed WordPress Hosting is $6.99/month. And the starting price of Rocket.net is $25/month.
But if you purchase any one of the premium plans of Rocket.net, then you will get all the benefits of the Cloudflare Enterprise plan at no cost. The benefits include Cloudflare CDN, Cloudflare WAF (Web Application Firewall) service, Image Optimization, Caching, Custom Domain Protection, etc.
In general, the cost of the Cloudflare Enterprise plan is >$200/month.
Suppose you use SiteGround, then you don’t have the chance to get Cloudflare premium plan benefits at no cost. But you need to purchase a Cloudflare premium plan to get all the benefits of Cloudflare.
If you add the price of Cloudflare Enterprise plan and SiteGround premium plans, then the overall price with SiteGround becomes more compared with Rocket.net.
Further, Rocket.net provides more webspace and monthly visits compared with SiteGround.
Now let’s have a look at the plans and prices of SiteGround.
And look at the plans and price of Rocket.net.
So, I suggest you use Rocket.net in this point of view compared to SiteGround.
- Also Read: Dreamhost Vs SiteGround: The Hosting Race between the Two Biggest Hosting Companies. Who will Win?
- 7 Great Bluehost Alternatives
Now you have seen the detailed comparison between Rocket.net and SiteGround. Based on your requirement, you can choose anyone. Suppose, you rely on your website for your business and want to get all the benefits of Cloudflare Enterprise plan like Cloudflare CDN, Cloudflare WAF, Image Optimization, Custom domain protection, etc. Then you can prefer Rocket.net. And if you use Rocket.net, then you don’t need to purchase external plugins for security, backup, image optimization, caching, staging, etc. A lot of your money will be saved with this. Further, it guarantees high page speed and keeps your website always up.
Suppose, you want only managed WordPress hosting with high speed, free unlimited professional email accounts, website builder, backup, cPanel, etc. And don’t need Cloudflare WAF, Image Optimization, etc. Then you can prefer SiteGround.
I hope this article, Rocket.net Vs SiteGround, aids you to know the differences between Rocket.net and SiteGround in detail. So that you can decide the best one for your site. If you like it, do a favor by sharing this article and follow BlogVwant on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for more tips.
Rocket.net Vs SiteGround -FAQs
Which is the best service for Cache preloading?
Rocket.net is the best-managed WordPress hosting service that provides cache preloading feature for your WordPress website.
Is SiteGround is Google Cloud Platform?
Yes. In February 2020, Siteground has announced that it has started using the Google Cloud platform to host part of its infrastructure.
Can I test the Rocket service before pushing my website live?
Yes. You can test the Rocket service before pushing the website live. If you want to check they will allocate a temporary URL for you. With that, you can check the software.
If speed is my first priority then which service is better?
Rocket.net is preferable if speed is your priority.
If I started the website recently which service is better for understanding, easy to use?
SiteGround is better for you if you have started your website recently.